The Mystery Incorporated blog is at http://www.mvjantzen.com/blog/.
Apps using the Flickr API
- Photo Album - shows Flickr photos in a custom presentation
- This app also uses Google static maps to include custom maps
- Daily Diary - a day-by-day Flickr photo album
- These apps use the Google dynamic maps, as well as OpenStreetMap
Apps presenting WMATA data
- Metro Bus Stops (5.2 MB - be patient while loading) - This map shows all of Metro's 11,485 bus stops. The pins are shown in 32 colors, representing what WMATA's data set refers to as a "zone ID," though how to interpret this is still unknown. You can hover over a pin to see the name of the stop and the zone, or click on the pin to zoom to that location. There is also an input field where you can enter any valid location, as understood by the Google Maps API. Thus, you can enter addresses, zip codes (20007, 20009), or place names (Arlington, DC, Dupont Circle, etc)
- Metro Distortion Map - distorts the five Metro lines to illustrate the number of stops (and transfers) between stations. (See if you can figure out what pressing the R/O/Y/G/B keys does.)
My blog has posts on current projects, as well as the usual assortment of bloggy stuff.